To patrol our beach, you must be qualified as a surf lifeguard. If you're over 14 and able to swim, we'll train you up to gain your Surf Lifeguard Award or your Patrol Support Award.
If you would like to become a lifeguard at Titahi Bay SLSC this season please get in touch with the us - email@example.com.
Training covers modules in surf skills, basic first aid, rescue techniques, and risk management. Some of the skills are taught theoretically, but most are taught in a practical environment. Once your training is completed, you will be examined. The exam will assess your key lifeguarding skills, and involves;
- 400m timed pool swim (completed in under 9 minutes)
- Tube rescue in a pool environment
- Theory Test CPR and first aid
- Radio set up and use Hand signals
- 200m run-swim-run, in the surf environment
- Tube rescue in the surf environment